Administrative Assistant with Technical/Database Skills
GCG Event Partners is a nationwide network of independent event professionals. Our core business is matching members from within our network with a client base that stretches across all industries. We are a niche staffing company with an employee-focused work culture. Our philosophy is one of maintaining a work-life balance, while providing customer service that goes above and beyond our competition. Our dedicated team of professionals is instrumental in our success. We treat prospects, clients, members, vendors, and team members fairly and respectfully. The successful candidate will have a similar attitude and approach to this philosophy. We are currently hiring a part-time employee to enhance our quiet, work-focused office located in a suburb north of Boston. The candidate will be expected to be available and flexible to accommodate a fluctuating workload.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years’ work experience and the demonstrated professional experience to be responsible for the following:
• Order office supplies, coordinate office cleaning, recycle, get/send daily mail, communicate tenant issues with landlord, coordinate in-house meetings & logistics
• Support our placement department by processing member paperwork when needed, processing miscellaneous paperwork as needed
• Track and send approved expenses to our Accounting Department
• Coordinate technical support with office staff, outside vendor and client users
• Monitor and distribute emails/faxes
During our busy seasons, the Administrative Assistant supports operations by helping as an additional person placing orders with equipment rental companies. During these busy times, the Administrative Assistant’s hours are increased to accommodate increased needs in the office.
The Administrative Assistant is our first line of technical support and the successful candidate must be comfortable with helping with intermediate computer, network, printer and telephone support.
• Serve as the liaison with our technical support company, evaluate and explain issues and problems to their technicians
• Help office staff with questions and setup of Office 365, Windows and other software used
• Rotate server backup cartridges, replace printer ink cartridges, troubleshoot printer/scanner issues
• Manage the VOIP telephone system, act as the liaison with telephone vendor when issues service changes arise
• Experienced with Word to PDF conversions
• Managing the electronic document management system
We use a proprietary Access/SQL database to manage our process. The Administrative Assistant should be experienced with maintaining and using Access & SQL databases.
• Import data from Excel spreadsheets to SQL tables
• Find and remove erroneous duplicate data records
• Create queries for lists for emailing and other actions.
• Update records as needed
• Familiarity with Access/SQL Databases
• Basic computer, VOIP telephone, printer, scanner, and network/server support/liaison
Additional Skills a Plus:
• In-depth database administrative (DBA) skills that include form design, query design, and table management
• In-depth technical support skills that include loading & configuration of software
We are seeking an individual who is self-managed, self-motivated, flexible and people-oriented. The candidate must be able to multi-task, balance priorities and take initiative. A can-do attitude is a must! This job requires proficiency with Word, Excel, and Access. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, including appropriate telephone etiquette; proven organizational skills; and ability to manage multiple projects in conjunction with normal job activities. The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, whenever appropriate. The candidate should have the ability to apply common sense to define problems: collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions for non-standardized situations. Honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality are a must. This is a part-time position. We are seeking a candidate who is flexible to work between 12-16 hours per week depending on workload.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume along with salary history in Word format to: email@example.com. Please do not fax or mail resumes. No phone calls please.
How Can We Help?
To let us know how we can assist you, please fill in the information below: