Accounts Receivable Specialist/Bookkeeper
The Accounts Receivable (A/R)Specialist/Bookkeeper will report directly to the Vice President and is considered to be a key part of our team who interacts with clients on a daily basis. The Candidate’s main focus will be preparing client invoices in QuickBooks using information from our proprietary Access database. The A/R Specialist/Bookkeeper will:
- Review and verify the information used to create invoices.
- Create Invoices, verify them for accuracy, and then email to clients.
- Respond to client inquiries and questions in a timely professional manner.
- Process payments and make bank deposits.
- Perform collections on a weekly basis.
- Maintain files including sensitive client payment information.
- Cross train to provide backup coverage for the Accounts Payable Specialist.
This is a part time position requiring approximately 16-24 hours per week. The Accounts Receivable Specialist/Bookkeeper is one member of a two-person accounting team. There is some seasonality and during peak periods, the Bookkeeper may be required to work more hours if needed and likewise will be asked to cutback during off peak times. Historically, peak times have occurred only once or twice per year, in the spring/fall months and off peak has occurred during summer. We can’t guarantee future trends and hours are adjusted as work fluctuates. The weekly schedule is flexible; however, we prefer to have a candidate that is available 5 days per week and who can respond to client requests in a timely manner even when not in the office.
The Ideal Candidate
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy in a timely manner.
- Trustworthy, honest and with integrity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
- Self-motivated and able to work with and without supervision.
- Able to work a flexible part time 3-5 day per week schedule and be able to cover timely communications.
- Comfortable working in a small business environment.
- Have experience with QuickBooks and some user knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- A plus would be a candidate with experience implementing new procedures and having knowledge of new invoicing and electronic payments techniques.
Requirements, Experience and Skills
- Experience with QuickBooks and accounting/bookkeeping principles.
- Experience with use of Microsoft Access or similar databases
- Proficient with Office 365, Windows, and general office technologies
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate should have 3+ years work experience.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to: BookkeeperAD@GCGEventPartners.com. Please do not fax or mail resumes. Please no phone calls.
How Can We Help?
To let us know how we can assist you, please fill in the information below: